Research across Asia and the USA has shown that while project management plays a role in investments, business decision-making and human behaviour are major contributors to quality of investments and value creation. This workshop introduces the fundamentals of project management and benefits realisation, outlines the role of the CFO and finance organisation in project success to look at the 8 critical facets of getting projects right – so the investment delivers value and results.
Key Topics Covered:
• Why do projects? Strategy execution & projects
• Project valuation
• What is project management? The 5 key stages and relative investment
• How to look at project investment to balance risks and results
• 8 facets of project value delivery & the role of finance in value creation
• Understanding Project portfolios, cash flow and volatility
This workshop is part of the Your Business & Finance Advantage Program and is eligible for funding support of 50% off the workshop fees. Eligibility conditions apply.
Enter code YBFA50 at checkout. To apply the promotional code, you must complete separate payment for each workshop.
Joanne Flinn, author, leadership expert and TEDx Speaker ‘How inspired leaders create value’. Joanne was a senior executive in several major multi- nationals in Asia, and is a published author. She has conducted training with PricewaterhouseCoopers, DBS, Bank Julius Baer AIS and CPA Australia. Joanne holds degrees in Finance, Investment, Economics, Law Masters of Science in Consulting and Coaching for Change jointly delivered by University of Oxford, Said Business School and HEC Paris. As the international artist, Booth Aster, she was the 2017 TEDx Artist in Residence at the ArtSciences Museum.
• Role of projects in business success
• The 5 stages of projects and value creation
• Types of project management and impact of value
• Understand the 8 key elements to successful investment & value creation
CFOs, Accountants, finance practitioners, project managers, leaders and team members with little knowledge or experience of corporate accounting and project accounting and finance.