Blockchain is an exciting, new technology that has the potential to transform the accounting and finance industry. Learn about the fundamentals of Blockchain technology, as well as how markets are innovating and harnessing the new trusted system to enhance operational efficiency and cost saving. This workshop will also provide insights into the aspects of data/information governance for consideration when adopting this technology. With the insights, participants will be in better position to appreciate its relevance in the industry they are operating in.
Key Topics Covered:
• Examining and mapping core business processes;
• Determining process dysfunction symptoms and their effects on outcomes;
• Eliminating process duplication & redundancy;
• Determining anomalies in roles & responsibilities.
Amelia Ching is the Principal Consultant of Singapore Management University(SMU) Academy and the founder of IT Consulting firm focusing on IT-enabled service and technology management improvement Practice and professional development.
Prior to joining SMU Academy, Amelia was the Academic Director of Financial IT Academy(FITA) @ SMU with overall leadership and management responsibility for the academy. Under her leadership, FITA has acquired the training service provider status on Institute of Banking and Finance(IBF) competency programmes for Technology. She has more than 2,000 professionals from both financial service and related IT industries come through their IBF accredited and National Infocomm Competency Framework (NICF) aligned programmes. The programmes offered include Financial Service Product Knowledge, Information Technology Risk Management and Security related masterclasses and workshops.
• Understand the fundamentals of Blockchain technology, and the scope of workflow and user’s access in the public, private and permission Blockchain setup
• Examine the role of Blockchain technology in solving various problems and challenges faced in various industries
• Understand how the adoption of Blockchain in your industry may impact or be relevance to you
• Be aware of the aspects of data governance for consideration in Blockchain adoption
This workshop is suitable for CFOs, controllers, accountants, finance practitioners, and auditors.