Business valuation is often carried out for transactional, financial reporting, taxation or legal purposes.
This workshop provides an overview of procedures that are common to a comprehensive business valuation. It will introduce core business valuation theory and practices that address professional and practical issues.
Participants will have the opportunity to work through an actual case study that will follow the steps of a valuation engagement, from initial contact through the calculations and reconciled conclusion of value.
Key Topics Covered:
• Valuer’s Scope of Work
• Investigations on Business and Business Interest
• Financial Statement Analysis
• Economic and Industry Analysis
• Principle Valuation Approaches and Methods
• Valuation Discount and Premium
• Market Approach to Value
• Income Approach to Value
• Cost Approach to Value
• Reconciliation and Conclusion of Values
• Reporting Requirements
This workshop is part of the Finance For the Future Program and is eligible for funding support of more than 40%* off the workshop fees. Eligibility conditions apply.
Enter code FUTURE18 at checkout. To apply the promotional code, you must complete separate payment for each workshop.
*Discount based on member price
Ong Woon Pheng
Woon Pheng has been in the accounting and finance profession since 2001 and he is currently Director of the Financial Advisory Services department at PKF-CAP, a member firm of PKF International Limited.
Over the years, Woon Pheng has worked on numerous types of engagements including, routine accounting, financial reporting, business valuation, valuation for financial reporting, corporate secretarial, corporate and personal taxation, forensic accounting, litigation support, internal audit, merger and acquisition transactions, financial due diligence, liquidation and corporate restructuring.
As an adjunct faculty of SUSS, University of Portsmouth, Murdoch University and Kaplan, Woon Pheng teaches business valuation, financial reporting and corporate finance related subjects for the Masters, CFA, Degree and Diploma programmes.
• Equip participants with overview of the procedure that are common to a comprehensive business valuation
• Gain knowledge on the steps of a valuation engagement, from initial contact through calculations and reconciled conclusion of value
This workshop is suitable for:
• CFOs, Financial Controllers and Accountants
• Novice Valuation Practitioners
• M&A Advisors
• Investment bankers