Market and operational risk management - Workshop SG 2018
Enhance your understanding of operational risk and its impact on the organisation. Discover the tools to measure operational risk and strategies that can help your organisation strengthen risk management.
Key Topics Covered:
- Introduction of Operational Risk
- Operational Risk Measurement (ORM) – tools, techniques and models
- Operational Risk Management and Mitigation – tools and case studies
- ORM best practices and future considerations
- Case studies and concluding remarks
This workshop is part of the Finance For the Future Program and is eligible for funding support of more than 40%* off the workshop fees. Eligibility conditions apply. Enter code FUTURE18 at checkout. To apply the promotional code, you must complete separate payment for each workshop.
*Discount based on member price
Dr James Kwan
An award-winning, passionate and committed trainer with more than 20 years of teaching experience in the public universities such as NTU, NUS and SIT, and private higher education institutions in Singapore and overseas, James specialises in teaching and conducting training in areas on financial accounting/reporting, cost and management accounting, financial management, risk management, and corporate governance at professional, undergraduate and postgraduate level. He is currently an independent director with one of the SGX Main Board listed companies where he chairs the Remuneration Committee and a member of the Audit Committee and Nomination Committee. He holds a PhD in finance from the University of Western Australia and also has three masters degree: an MBA from the University of Strathclyde, an MBA in Investment and Finance from the University of Hull and a Master in Business Research from the University of Western Australia.
- Understand the concept of Enterprise Risk Management framework and Operational Risk
- Familiarise with the Operational Risk models used in practice
- Understand the key techniques and tools for Operational Risk Management
This workshop is suitable for Accountants, Financial Managers, Finance Controllers and anyone who is interested in operational risk management and its application.