Public Ruling is issued for the purpose of providing guidance for the public and officers of the Inland Revenue Board Of Malaysia. It sets out the interpretation of the Director General of Inland Revenue in respect of the particular tax law, and the policy and procedure that are to be applied. Public Ruling may be withdrawn, either wholly or in part, by notice of withdrawal or by publication of a new ruling.
This workshop will update participants on the latest developments and changes in Public Ruling.
KEY TOPICS COVERED
• PR 1/2015:Club Association Or Similar Institution
• PR 2/2015: Taxation Of Real Estate Investment Trust Or Property Trust Fund
• PR 3/2015:Failure To Furnish Information Within A Stipulated Period
• PR 4/2015: Entertainment Expense
• PR 5/2015: Taxation of Limited Liability Partnership
• PR 6/2015:Qualifying Expenditure And Computation Of Capital Allowances
• PR 7/2015: Appeal Against An Assessment And Application For Relief
• PR 8/2015: Loan or Advances to Director by a Company
• PR 9/2015: Deduction of Interest Expense and Recognition of Interest Income for Loan Transactions
• New PRs issued in 2016
AGREED BY LEMBAGA HASIL DALAM NEGERI MALAYSIA (LHDNM)
The topic discussed in the workshop was agreed upon by LHDNM and the CPD hours are recognised by Ministry of Finance as Continuing Professional Development (CPD)/Continuing Professional Education (CPE) points for the application and renewal of tax agent license.
• To provide an overview of Public Ruling developments
• To further discuss on the new Public Ruling and how it can make a different in the application and how to compliance with it
Mr Chow Chee Yen
Chee Yen is a Fellow Member of The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (FCCA), a Fellow Member of the Chartered Tax Institute of Malaysia (FCTIM) and a Chartered Accountant of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (CA).He is also a graduate of the Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA) Examinations.
He is currently the Executive Director of Advent Tax Consultants Sdn Bhd and in addition, he was also attached with PricewaterhouseCoopers and Arthur Andersen Kuala Lumpur, specialising in corporate taxation. He has more than 22 years of tax experience and was involved in tax engagements concerning cross border transactions, tax due diligence review, restructuring schemes, corporate tax planning, group tax review and inbound investments.
He is a prolific trainer/facilitator for tax workshops and seminars organised by CPA Australia, ACCA, CCH, CTIM, MIA, MAICSA, MICPA and the STAR newspaper and in-house training for both professional firms and corporations. He is also a regular speaker in conferences organised in Hong Kong and Singapore.
Finance managers, financial controllers, accountants, auditors, financial managers, company secretaries and tax practitioners