Efficient tax planning and corporate structuring can lead to significant cost savings and increased profitability for companies. To achieve this, companies need to structure the organisation to gain the most advantageous tax position and to devise an efficient tax planning strategy to reduce your overall tax liability.
This workshop will assist participants in understanding strategic tax planning for corporate restructuring to ensure that tax efficiency is built into the very way that they do business.
KEY TOPICS COVERED
Tax implications on transfer of business for the following assets
• Trade debtors
• Trading stocks
• Plant and machineries
• Real properties
• Tax incentives
• Tax losses, capital allowances and other tax balances
Tax implications on transfer of shares
• Stamp duty implications
• Change in shareholding- any effect on tax losses, capital allowances and other tax balances?
Stamp duty exemptions
• Section 15 and 15A of Stamp Act 1949
• Conditions to be fulfilled to obtain exemptions
Tax planning for merger and acquisitions (M&A)
• Transfer of business vs. shares
• Utilisation of tax losses
• Utilisation of capital allowances
• Utilisation of tax franking credit
• Utilisation of other tax balances
• Tax deductibility on expenses in incurred on M&A exercise
Group relief for tax losses
Dividend payment – single tier system
• Obtain a sound knowledge of tax implications on transfer of business for the following assets and shares
• Gain insights into common tax planning and compliance issues
• Explore the stamp duty exemptions
• Understand the tax planning for merger and acquisitions
• Get updates on the GST implications
Mr Chow Chee Yen
Chee Yen is a Fellow Member of The Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (FCCA), a Fellow Member of the Chartered Tax Institute of Malaysia (FCTIM) and a Chartered Accountant of the Malaysian Institute of Accountants (CA).He is also a graduate of the Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA) Examinations.
He is currently the Executive Director of Advent Tax Consultants Sdn Bhd and in addition, he was also attached with PricewaterhouseCoopers and Arthur Andersen Kuala Lumpur, specialising in corporate taxation. He has more than 22 years of tax experience and was involved in tax engagements concerning cross border transactions, tax due diligence review, restructuring schemes, corporate tax planning, group tax review and inbound investments.
He is a prolific trainer/facilitator for tax workshops and seminars organised by CPA Australia, ACCA, CCH, CTIM, MIA, MAICSA, MICPA and the STAR newspaper and in-house training for both professional firms and corporations. He is also a regular speaker in conferences organised in Hong Kong and Singapore.
CFOs, finance managers, tax managers, tax consultants, accountants, auditors, business advisers, and anyone who are interested to know more about strategic tax planning for corporate restructuring