LHDNM AGREED WORKSHOP
For REP’s, Member staff and Group (3+) registrations, complete & email registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org
SIBU (26 Apr): Download brochure & registration form
MIRI (27 Apr): Download brochure & registration form
Mr Sivaram Nagappan
This workshop aims to share the latest implications arising on all payments subject to withholding tax and how to mitigate them besides being tax compliant. The effectiveness of using double taxation agreements (DTAs) in cross border assignments and its implications in respect to withholding tax, corporate tax and individual tax obligations are also shared in this workshop.
KEY TOPICS COVERED
• Incomes derived by non-residents that are subject to withholding tax
• Public rulings and addendums on withholding taxes
• Tax planning and exemptions available on withholding tax
• Compliance issues and penalties
• Practical issues faced by taxpayers
• Concept of permanent establishment – corporate and individual tax issues
• Purposes of other relevant articles in DTAs
• Reliefs available under DTAs
• Case laws and latest developments on withholding tax and updates on existing and new DTAs (including proposals in budget 2016)
• and more...
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
• understand and informed with the latest implications of payments subject to withholding tax (insights and issues from the 2016 Budget Proposals, latest case laws on withholding tax as well as new double taxation agreements concluded)
• learn how to alleviate the cost beside being tax compliant
• understand the usage and implication of DTAs
All our workshops are available via in-house training
Finance directors and managers, Chief financial controllers and financial controllers, accountants, auditors, tax managers and consultants, company secretary and business advisors.