Guardian role of professionals in upholding ethical governance - Workshop 2018
Corporate governance and ethical leadership are widely recognised as important factors to minimise risks of corruption and malpractices at workplace. Both senior management and professionals play an important role in upholding a high standards of corporate governance.
With reference to the ICAC’s experience on investigation and corruption prevention work, the speaker will introduce the relevant ordinance and analyse common corruption risks and ethical issues encountered by company directors, senior management and accounting professionals.
Key topics covered:
- Current corruption scene
- Guardian role of professionals and company directors in corruption prevention and ethical governance
- Benefits of practising professional / business ethics and the 3-As Model
• Relevant provisions of the Prevention of Bribery Ordinance
• ICAC case illustrations and points-to-note
• Ethical issues encountered by accounting professionals and company directors
• Video show: the ‘Ethics Legacy’ and discussion
• Personal governance – GPS Ethics Compass
• Corporate governance – Corporate Ethics Compass
• Role of professionals and company directors in corruption prevention and upholding ethical governance
- Question-and-answer Session
- Understand the guardian role of accountants and company directors in upholding ethical governance
- Raise the awareness of corruption and related malpractice in the workplace enhanced
- Gain knowledge of the relevant sections of the Prevention of Bribery Ordinance and regulations in relation to the duties and responsibilities of directors and professionals in preventing corruption and malpractices
This workshop is suitable for professional accountants, company directors, management and anyone who are interested in identifying the common corruption risks and ethical issues encountered by company directors, accounting professionals and senior management.