The program will introduce the participants to the concept and standards of consolidated financial statements. Starts from business combination, several types of investment and the relevant accounting treatments will be covered over two workshops including investment in subsidiary, associate and joint venture.
Business Combination (HKFRS 3)
• Identifying a business combination
• Accounting treatment for business combination – Acquisition method
• Control concept and potential voting rights
Consolidation Framework (HKFRS 10, 11 and 12)
• Investments in subsidiary, associate and joint ventures (joint arrangements)
• Accounting treatment for subsidiary – full consolidation and consolidation adjustments (recognition of goodwill and fair value adjustments)
Session 2 (3 hours)
• Accounting treatment for subsidiary – subsequent adjustments and intra-group transactions and balances elimination
• Recognition and measurement for Non-Controlling Interest in subsidiary
• Accounting treatment for associate and joint ventures (joint arrangements) – Equity method
The learning outcomes of the program include:
• Understanding the financial reporting standards on HKFRS 3, 10, 11 and 12
• Application of accounting treatments
• Examine disclosures
• Hear insights from the following subject matter expert:
Mr Kamsuo Wong, FCPA (Aust.)
Mr Kamsuo Wong, FCPA (Aust.), CPA (HK), CPFA (UK), MA, LLM, MBA is highly regarded as a multi-faceted academic with over 15 years of extensive professional experience. He is currently a part-time lecturer at a number of universities and tertiary institutions for the subjects of Financial Reporting, Financial Management and Business and Company Law. Mr Wong has gained a number of professional qualifications in Hong Kong, Australia and United Kingdom.
Language: Cantonese supplemented with English
This program is suitable for Finance Managers, Financial Accountants, Cost accountants, Management Accountants, Financial Auditors, Financial Analysts and users of financial statements.