Since 2015, many investors and fund managers are suffered from investing in PRC and HK companies, especially investing in those ones with profit warning or its shares are being suspended. Many investors are still puzzled in understanding rationale behind the various corporate action before the listed companies comes to brink of bankruptcy. In fact, there are early “red flag” signals revealed from Listed Co’s various corporate actions and financial reporting.
This workshop is authorised by reputable columnist “高仁” in Hong Kong Economic Journal (“信報”) and tailor-made to address the issue of market deficiency in unveiling the red flag behind various corporate actions and financial reporting of various listed companies in HK.
The program outline will include:
• Understanding the early warning signals of Listed Co
• Structural approach in analysing the “Red Flag” screening framework
• The common window dressing techniques of Listed Companies
• How the Listed Companies boost the profitability without improvement in fundamentals?
• How to “hide” the debt for highly geared Listed Companies?
• Unveil the common aggressive financial reporting of Listed Companies in resources industries and its risk implications
• Case Study – Listed Companies in HK and China
Language: Cantonese supplemented with English
Upon completion of the course, the participants should be able to understand:
• Various early red flag warning signals of listed companies;
• Structural analytical red flag screening framework;
• Common window dressing techniques adopted by listed companies.
• The program is supplemented with various “case studies” for illustration purpose.
• Hear insights from the following speaker:
Mr. D Tang
Mr. D Tang has over 20 years of experience in risk management and product risk analysis at various leading US and European investment and corporate banks. His product coverage ranges from trade finance to syndicated loans, derivatives and structured products, and leveraged financing for corporate (SME and corporate) banks, financial institutions and funds in Greater China and SE Asia region. Mr. Tang is also experienced in providing both internal and external training to various investment and corporate banks, government supervisory bodies, and various professional institutes
This workshop is specially designed for Chief Financial Officers (CFOs), equity analysts, bond analysts and finance professionals, who want to gain further knowledge in unveiling the early “red flag” signals of various listed companies in HK and China.