This program aims to provide participants with the basic knowledge in understanding warrants. It discusses the nature, types and features of warrants. It examines the two components in determining the value of a warrant, namely intrinsic value and time value. It explains the financial value of a warrant and the differences between a stock option and a warrant.
The program outline will include:
• What is a warrant
• Types of warrants
• Features of warrants
• Intrinsic value and time value
• Financial value of warrants
• Cases on malpractice in warrant trading
• Differences between stock options and warrants
Language: Cantonese supplemented with English
The learning outcomes of the program include:
• Understanding the key features of warrants
• Examine the intrinsic and time value of warrants
• Gain insights on differences between a stock option and a warrant.
• Hear insights from the following subject matter expert:
Dr. M. K. Lai
Dr. M. K. Lai is the Principal Consultant of Executive Training and Management Consultancy Company Limited. Since 2000, he has been offering professional consulting services and quality training programs to many financial institutions, business firms, professional bodies and academic organizations. He obtained a doctorate in finance at the London Business School. He is a CFA charterholder and a Certified International Investment Analyst (CIIA). He has published a number of professional books and articles.
This program is suitable for accountants, auditors, finance professionals and anyone who is interested in enhancing their understanding of warrants.