This workshop aims to provide you with the basic knowledge in understanding callable bull-bear contracts (CBBCs). It discusses the major features, types, issuing and listing, trading and liquidity provision, as well as clearing and settlement of CBBCs. It examines how to determine the issuing price, residual value and cash settlement amount of a CBBC. It explains the risks associated with CBBC investment and considers the driving factors in selecting a CBBC, including how it compares CBBCs to warrants.
The program outline will include:
• What is CBBC?
• Major feature of CBBC
• Types of CBBC
• Issue and listing, trading and liquidity provision, and clearing and settlement of CBBC
• Issuing price determination
• Residual value and cash settlement amount
• Associated risks of CBBC
• How to select CBBC
• Comparison between warrants and CBBCs
The learning outcomes of the program includes:
• Understanding the features of CBBC
• Examine the issuing price, residual value and cash settlement amount of a CBBC
• Explore the risks associated with CBBC
• Hear insights from the following subject matter expert:
Dr. M. K. Lai
Dr. M. K. Lai is the Principal Consultant of Executive Training and Management Consultancy Company Limited. Since 2000, he has been offering professional consulting services and quality training programs to many financial institutions, business firms, professional bodies and academic organizations. He obtained a doctorate in finance at the London Business School. He is a CFA charter holder and a Certified International Investment Analyst (CIIA). He has published a number of professional books and articles.
This program is suitable for accountants, auditors, finance professionals and anyone who is interested in enhancing their understanding of callable bull-bear contracts.