The program outline will include:
• Procedure and charge of stamp duty on the purchase and sale of property, the lease of property and the purchase and sale of shares in a Hong Kong private company
• Pitfalls in the purchase or transfer of property and stock and in the lease of property between companies within a group
• How sections 24(1), (2) and (3) operate in practice
• How section 27(5) exemption operates for the transfer of property and stock into and out of a trust and in other situations
• How section 45 group stamp duty relief operates and what are the pitfalls
• How Stamp Office's services may be used by an accountant for purposes other than stamp duty purposes in the daily work
Language: Cantonese supplemented with English
This workshop will provide participants an overview of the charge of stamp duty and an understanding on those areas where stamp duty that will impact on their work. Hear insights from the following subject matter expert:
Mr. Patrick Ho, LL.B, LL.M., MBA, MCS, FCCA, FCPA
Barrister-at-law, Principal Lecturer, FTMS Training Systems (HK) Limited. He is the sole author of the book “Hong Kong Taxation and Tax Planning”, and has more than 35 years’ experience in tax practice, university teaching and in-house teaching in all the Big 4.
This program is suitable for commercial accountants, auditors and tax professionals.