Advanced SMSF financial statement and compliance audit 2018 - Workshop
This workshop will extend your knowledge and advance your skills in key areas of SMSFs. It complements and advances the knowledge gained in the SMSF financial statement and compliance audit workshop by providing the latest updates and developments, focusing on complex SMSF audit issues, by working through case studies, checklists and working papers.
Completing the SMSF financial statement and compliance audit workshop is not mandatory to attend this workshop.
- Marketplace and legislative update: What has changed in the SMSF marketplace and how the changes impact your work.
- SMSF and Business Real Property: The key requirements to meet the business real property definition and how to apply them in real life. How does incidental use of the property effect the definition?
- Valuation issues: Requirements around specific asset classes and how recent changes effect the reporting requirements.
- Related party transactions and In House Assets: Investments in related companies and trusts, loans to related parties – what is really allowed and what do you really have to report?
You will receive:
- A comprehensive learning manual
- Presentation slides
- Ample networking opportunities with colleagues over morning and afternoon tea and lunch
- Understand what has changed in the SMSF marketplace and how these changes will impact your work
- Understand the key requirements to meet the business real property definition and how to apply them
- Understand reporting obligations for related party transactions and in house assets
- Understand what will cause income of the SMSF to be “special income”
This workshop is suitable for SMSF Auditors and Public Practitioners and staff involved in SMSF processing.
This workshop fulfils the compulsory component within the CPA Australia competency requirements for SMSF Auditors which consists of 30 hours structured training every 3 years.
Please note enrolments close 2 working days prior to the workshop date.