Preparing annual financial statements 2018 - Workshop
This course is designed to help you understand the process of compiling a set of financial statements and develop an awareness of some of the disclosures required, including those relating to the primary statements and those stand-alone disclosures.
- The form and content of financial statements
- IAS 1 Presentation of Financial Statements
- The statement of:
- profit or loss and other comprehensive income
- financial position
- changes in equity
- cash flows
- IFRS 7 Financial Instruments: Presentation
- IFRS 12 Disclosures of Interests in Other Entities
- IAS 8 Accounting Policies, Changes in Accounting Estimates and Errors
- IAS 24 Related Party Disclosures
- IAS 37 Provisions, Contingent Liabilities and Contingent Assets
You will receive:
- A comprehensive learning manual
- Presentation slides
- Ample networking opportunities with colleagues over morning and afternoon tea and lunch
- Prepare a statement of financial position, statement of profit or loss and other comprehensive income, and statement of changes in equity from trial balance information
- Identify related notes and include this information in the financial statements Identify the framework behind financial statements and the requirements for different companies
- Identify the key themes of IAS 1 Presentation of Financial Statements
- Prepare and understand sundry disclosure notes such as:
- Related parties
- Financial instruments
- Contingent liabilities and commitments
- Disclosure of standards issued not yet effective
- Interests in other investments
This workshop is specifically designed for accounting and finance professionals who are involved in external reporting, financial management and financial accounting.
Please note enrolments close 2 working days prior to the workshop date. Please enrol at least 3 working days prior to the workshop to ensure any dietary and special requirements can be accommodated.
Looking for a customised learning solution for your organisation or team? Contact us today to discuss in-house learning options.