Employment tax essentials 2018 - Workshop
This practical workshop focuses on the key areas of tax obligations when employing staff, relevant to your state. Gain a comprehensive overview of the payroll process from start to finish, covering key tasks with a new starter through to when an employee leaves the organisation.
This is an essential workshop for anyone requiring in depth knowledge of regulations surrounding tax obligations when employing staff.
- Employing staff - PAYG withholding, WorkCover, Payroll tax, FBT
- Employees versus contractors
- Employer obligations
- Ongoing obligations – PAYG withholding
- Superannuation guarantee
- Ending employment
- Salary packaging
You will receive:
- A comprehensive learning manual including practical examples, activities and knowledge checks
- ATO Forms, schedules and links
- Presentation slides
- Invaluablenetworking opportunities with colleagues over morning and afternoon tea and lunch
- Determine the registrations required when commencing employment of new staff
- Determine the requirements and forms new staff need to complete
- Comply with ongoing pay as you go (PAYG) obligations (including registration, how much to withhold, differences between treatment of allowances, leave provisions, and reporting obligations to the ATO and employees)
- Calculate the various on-costs associated with employing staff (including superannuation, payroll tax and WorkCover)
- Understand salary packaging and outline the benefits that can be provided to employees
- Determine the tax implications of ending staff employment (including resignation or redundancy, paying unused leave, RDOs, etc.)
- Complete the necessary forms for lodging with the ATO
Those working in SME or corporate entities in roles such as financial control, financial management and accounts administration functions working with responsibility for payroll, employment taxes. And public practitioners who provide payroll services.
Please note enrolments close 2 working days prior to the workshop date. Please enrol at least 3 working days prior to the workshop to ensure any dietary and special requirements can be accommodated.
Looking for a customised learning solution for your organisation or team? Contact us today to discuss in-house learning options.