Financial modelling using Excel - Workshop 2017
This course is designed for finance professionals who are existing users of Excel to increase financial modelling and analytical skills. Attend this workshop to improve your forecasting, analysis and presentation of business and financial information.
Click on the image below for Marcus Small's biography.
- Comprehensive overview of the theory of financial modelling in Excel
- Defined techniques that enhance model efficiency
- Tools and functions including: INDEX, MATCH, LOOKUP, SUMIF, SUMIFS, SUMPRODUCT, COUNT, COUNTIFS, OFFSET, SUBTOTAL and nested IF Statements
- Techniques to assist with spreadsheet auditing
- Analysis of poor Excel spreadsheeting techniques
- Improved what if analysis within financial models
- Methods to generalise formulas for more dynamic and flexible calculations and analysis
- Practical guidance on the layout and structuring of workbooks for analysis and forecasting
- Frameworks to aid in understanding and assimilating information on complex formulas and formatting
- Add sensitivity to a model to show a range of outputs
- Add model integrity and avoid errors through referencing a check sheet
- Use nesting formulas (nested IF statements)
- Utilise aggregation and SUMIFS, SUMPRODUCT to perform conditional calculations
- Automate variance analysis using simple conditional formatting
- Add a costing sheet to view data by division
- Summarise data into neat concise tables with graphical comparisons
- Create a pivot table and set of slicers to summarise the model
- Add simple VBA code to a model to automate common Excel tasks
- Apply a slicer to data to trigger sensitivity
- Use shortcuts
This workshop is designed specifically for finance and accounting professionals who use Excel in their day to day roles.
Participants will gain the maximum benefit from this course if they are already competent spreadsheets users. The course is designed for people who use Excel on a regular basis, and are comfortable with using its tools and functions.
Please bring a USB.
Please note enrolments close 2 working days prior to the workshop date.
Looking for a customised learning solution for your organisation or team? Contact us today to discuss in-house learning options.