Business intelligence using Excel - 2 day workshop 2017
Excel’s BI (Business Intelligence) tools were introduced in Excel 2010 and enhanced in Excel 2013. Day 1 of this workshop introduces Power Pivot, the Data Model and the DAX formula language. Day 2 covers Power Query, Power View and Power BI Desktop. Power Query is employed to access data from multiple sources, convert it to a usable form and place it in the data model where it is available for report creation. Power View creates interactive reports. Power BI Desktop is a free stand-alone application that may be used to create a data model from diverse data sources and is then employed to create powerful visualisations.
- An introduction to Power Pivot and the Data Model in Excel
- Creating reports using Power Pivot
- An introduction to the DAX (Data Analysis Expressions) language
- ABC analysis and creating KPIs
- Date calculations in DAX and time intelligence functions
- An introduction to Power Query and its use in importing and organising data
- An introduction to Power View create visualisations
- Using Power BI Desktop to build data models, develop and publish dashboards
Learning manual provided.
Offered in Excel 2013 and some compatibility with Excel 2010.
- Install Power Pivot, Power Query, Power View and Power BI Desktop
- Use the Power Pivot, Power Query and Power View ribbons
- Understand and use the Data Model
- Import data to Data Model from different sources
- Create relationships between Power Pivot tables
- Use Power Pivot to create PivotTables, slicers and timelines
- Use DAX formulas to create calculated columns and measures
- Use DAX formulas to create date and time fields
- Import and transform data sources with Power Query
- Create a range of data visualisations with Power View
- Use filters, slicers and tiles in Power View
- Use Power BI Desktop
- Use Power BI to import data from a multitude of sources to build a data model
- Use Power BI to build reports and share them across the internet
- Use DAX functions and DAX measures in Power BI
This workshop is designed specifically for finance and accounting professionals who use Excel in their day to day roles.
Please note enrolments close 2 working days prior to the workshop date.
Looking for a customised learning solution for your organisation or team? Contact us today to discuss in-house learning options.