Macros to automate tasks in Excel - Workshop 2017
Excel macros can simplify routine tasks and improve productivity. There is a learning curve when creating your own macros which requires a commitment and lots of practice to gradually master. Workshop participants are introduced to the macro recorder and the VB Editor. Automate common tasks in Excel, use variables to store data, dynamically manipulate worksheets and workbooks, automate pivot table features and automatically send emails from Excel.
- Introduction to macros and the VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) language
- Introduction to the Visual Basic Environment
- Debugging a macro the available debugging tools in VBA
- Examples of Excel tasks automated using the macro recorder
- Developing charts using the macro recorder and VBA
- Using VBA to create pivot tables
- Creating user defined functions using VBA
Offered in Excel 2013 and is compatible with most previous Excel versions.
- Develop VBA code using the macro recorder
- Edit the VBA code generated by the macro recorder
- Assign a macro to a command button or Form Control
- Apply absolute and relative macro recording
- Use debugging tools to correct and validate code
- Create custom functions to simplify complex Excel formulas
- Create Pivot tables and Tables using VBA
- Create charts using the macro recorder and VBA
- Select and modify ranges, worksheets and workbooks
This workshop is designed specifically for finance and accounting professionals who use Excel in their day to day roles.
Looking for a customised learning solution for your organisation or team? Contact us today to discuss in-house learning options.