Understanding key accounting standards - Workshop 2017
This workshop will provide you with an intensive overview of the most commonly used international accounting standards. Case studies and practical examples are included so you'll be empowered to assess the impact of the application of the principles within your organisation.
The Accounting Standards explained in further detail in this course are:
- IAS 1 Presentation of Financial Statements
- IAS 7 Statement of Cash Flows
- IAS 8 Accounting Policies, Changes in Accounting Estimates and Errors
- IFRS 13 Fair Value Measurement
- IAS 2 Inventories
- IAS 40 Investment Property
- IAS 16 Property, Plant and Equipment
- IAS 38 Intangible Assets
- IAS 36 Impairment of Assets
- IAS 23 Borrowing Costs
- IFRS 5 Non-Current Assets Held for Sale and Discontinued Operations
- IFRS 15 Revenue from Contracts with Customers.
- IAS 17 Leases
- IAS 19 Employee Benefits
- IAS 37 Provisions, Contingent Liabilities and Contingent Assets
- IAS 12 Income Taxes
- Financial Instruments:
- IAS 32 Financial Instruments: Presentation
- IFRS 9 Financial Instruments
- IFRS 7 Financial Instruments: Disclosure
- IAS 24 Related Party Disclosures
- IAS 10 Events after Reporting Date
You will receive:
- A comprehensive learning manual
- Presentation slides
- Ample networking opportunities with colleagues over morning and afternoon tea and lunch
- Identify the major accounting principles and disclosure requirements of a number of important International Accounting Standards
- Apply the principles learned throughout the course in a practical setting
- Calculate relevant amounts for inclusion in the financial statements, observing the principles contained in the International Accounting Standards
This course is designed for accountants who are involved in reporting, particularly in the application of accounting standards.
Please note enrolments close 2 working days prior to the workshop date.
Looking for a customised learning solution for your organisation or team? Contact us today to discuss in-house learning options.