Cash flow essentials - Workshop 2017
Learn how to create a statement of cash flows for your organisation. This course will introduce you to the statement of cash flows, including the three core sections - "operating", "investing" and "financing" activities. Through the completion of exercises and practical examples, you'll be able to explain the components of the statement and gain experience in applying the disclosure requirements of IAS 7.
- The importance of the statement of cash flows
- An overview of the accounting standard IAS 7
- The structure of the statement of cash flows
- How to convert from accrual to cash-based information
- Analysing and reconstructing ledgers to obtain cash flow information
You will receive:
- A comprehensive learning manual
- Presentation slides
- Ample networking opportunities with colleagues over morning and afternoon tea and lunch
- Recognise the components of the statement of cash flow and how to convert accrual data into cash flow data
- Prepare a statement of cash flow using the direct and indirect methods through practical examples, including note disclosures
- Prepare a comprehensive, consolidated statement of cash flows with associated notes incorporating both the acquisition and disposal of a subsidiary entity
- Examine high profile corporate collapses involving cash flow
This workshop is specifically designed for finance professionals who are involved in:
- external reporting
- financial management
- management accounting
- financial accounting
Please note enrolments close 2 working days prior to the workshop date.
Looking for a customised learning solution for your organisation or team? Contact us today to discuss in-house learning options.