Income tax for companies - Workshop 2017
Keep up to date with the changing tax regulations as they relate to the reporting of company income, losses, deductions and multi–jurisdictional tax issues. This 2 day workshop is suitable for anyone requiring a comprehensive refresher and overview of the income tax reporting requirements and landscape.
- The legal nature of companies
- The income tax formula
- Statutory income
- Income not subject to income tax
- Capital Allowances – Division 40 and Capital Works – Division 43
- Repairs vs improvements
- Research and development
- Superannuation, employer contributions
- Losses (revenue and capital)
- Non-deductible expenditure
- Aspects of international tax
- Thin capitalisation
- Legal expenses
- Trading stock
- Anti avoidance provisions
- The small business entity regime
- Year end tax planning checklist
You will receive:
- A comprehensive learning manual including practical examples, activities and knowledge checks
- Presentation slides
- Ample networking opportunities with colleagues over morning and afternoon tea and lunch
- Identify and distinguish between the types of receipts that must be included in a company’s assessable income
- Apply the Capital Gains Tax provisions to calculate a taxpayer’s capital gain or capital loss from a CGT event
- Identify expenditure that is allowable as a general or specific deduction and any limitations relating to that deductibility
- Apply the capital allowance and capital works regimes to determine the deductibility of certain types of capital expenditure
- Develop an understanding of multi-jurisdictional tax issues (such as double taxation agreements and thin capitalisation) as they affect companies
- Understand and apply the principles of the imputation system to both the receipt and making of franked, partially–franked and unfranked distributions
- Apply various concessions specific to small business entities
This course is suitable for those needing to prepare company tax returns.
Please note enrolments close 2 working days prior to the workshop date.
Looking for a customised learning solution for your organisation or team? Contact us today to discuss in-house learning options.