This course examines which factors should weigh in during the project selection process and how to effectively plan a project from beginning to end.
For an optimal experience please check the minimum computer system requirements.
This online course forms part of the SkillsNet short course suite.
Please note this course is only available to CPA Australia members.
- Recognise the importance of successfully initiating a project
- Identify the steps of the Initiating phase of project management
- Identify the types of questions to ask to define a project and your role as the project manager
- Match project stakeholders to examples of their responsibilities
- Match each element of a project repository with its example
- Determine project charter requirements in a given scenario
- Recognise the importance of successfully planning a project
- Identify the steps of the Planning phase of project management
- Identify appropriate team members for a project in a given scenario
- Match imposed team issues with solutions
- Match activities that must be performed during the project Planning phase to their examples
- Recognise examples of the elements of a project plan
- Recognise the steps in creating the work breakdown structure
- Match the elements of a project communications management plan with examples
- Recognise the agenda of a kickoff meeting for a given project
This course is targeted toward a diverse range of managers and staff members who wish to acquire the necessary skills to successfully manage small to medium sised projects.