CPD hours: 40 on successful completion
Important notice: With new educational requirements due to come into effect on 1 January 2019, ensure you complete your RG146 Compliance Solution program which meets the current training requirements. If you are an existing licenced financial adviser as at 31 December 2018, you will be able to take advantage of transitional arrangements allowing you to meet the new educational requirements.
The RG146 Compliance Solution program will provide you the pathway to RG146 Compliance, the level of education required to become a financial adviser to provide financial advice to your clients.
To insure effectively against risk, you need to understand it. The same goes for advising on it. This self-paced learning module builds on the first module, Module 1: Financial advice foundation, to provide the necessary knowledge and skills components needed to successfully meet the ASIC RG 146 requirements on providing insurance advice to clients.
The self-paced learning option is offered year-round and there is no set enrolment period, meaning candidates can enrol any time, until enrolments close on 1 July 2018.
To pass each module, you must complete an assessment consisting of a written assignment and a telephone role-play scenario. The assessment tasks are designed to enable you to demonstrate your skills and ability against the key areas of competency covered in each module.
On completion of Module 1. Financial Advice Foundation and Module 2. Insurance, candidates will be awarded the FNS50615 Diploma of Financial Planning qualification.
This course is offered under CPA Australia’s RTO (CPA Australia Registered Training Organisation Number: 7144).
• How the insurance markets operate within financial markets
• Risk management techniques
• Types of life insurance and who offers them
• Issues currently affecting insurance products
• The role of insurance brokers and regulatory authorities
• Legal principles of insurance
• How to provide advice in life insurance
• How to provide advice in general insurance
• Members and non-members
• Financial planners or anyone wanting to pursue a career in financial planning
• Public accountants and their employees
• Anyone wanting to launch a career in this sector