CPD hours: 40 on successful completion
The RG146 Compliance Solution program will provide you the pathway to RG146 Compliance, the level of education required to become a financial adviser to provide financial advice to your clients.
It consists of four modules plus an optional specialist assessment in advising in self-managed super funds (SMSFs). It has been designed to address the competency requirements outlined in the ASIC Regulatory Guide 146 (RG146) for practitioners wishing to provide specialist financial planning advice to their clients in the areas of financial planning, general and life insurance, securities, derivatives, margin lending, managed investments, superannuation and SMSFs.
The program is very flexible; each module can be completed via self-paced distance learning or through two day intensive workshop in the order and mode that suits you best.
To insure effectively against risk, you need to understand it. The same goes for advising on it. This self-paced learning module builds on the first module, Module 1: Financial advice foundation, to provide the necessary knowledge and skills components needed to successfully meet the ASIC RG 146 requirements on providing advice to clients.
The self-paced learning option is offered year round and there are no enrolment date restrictions, meaning candidates can enrol any time.
On completion of each module, you must complete an assessment consisting of a written assignment and a telephone role-play scenario. The assessment tasks are designed to enable you to demonstrate your skills and ability against the key areas of competency covered in each module.
On completion of modules one and two, candidates will achieve the FNS50615 Diploma of Financial Planning, which covers the essential skills and knowledge criteria required to provide advice in financial planning.
Already completed CPA 110? You may be eligible for a partial exemption.
This course is offered under CPA Australia’s RTO.
CPA Australia Registered Training Organisation Number: 7144
• How the insurance markets operate within financial markets
• Risk management techniques
• Types of life insurance and who offers them
• Issues currently affecting insurance products
• The role of insurance brokers and regulatory authorities
• Legal principles of insurance
• How to provide advice in life insurance
• How to provide advice in general insurance
• Members and non-members
• Financial planners or anyone wanting to pursue a career in financial planning
• Public accountants and their employees
• Anyone wanting to launch a career in this sector