This course examines which factors should weigh in during the project selection process and how to effectively plan a project from beginning to end.
For an optimal experience please check the minimum computer system requirements.
This online course forms part of the SkillsNet short course suite.
- Recognise the importance of successfully initiating a project
- Identify the steps of the Initiating phase of project management
- Identify the types of questions to ask to define a project and your role as the project manager
- Match project stakeholders to examples of their responsibilities
- Match each element of a project repository with its example
- Determine project charter requirements in a given scenario
- Recognise the importance of successfully planning a project
- Identify the steps of the Planning phase of project management
- Identify appropriate team members for a project in a given scenario
- Match imposed team issues with solutions
- Match activities that must be performed during the project Planning phase to their examples
- Recognise examples of the elements of a project plan
- Recognise the steps in creating the work breakdown structure
- Match the elements of a project communications management plan with examples
- Recognise the agenda of a kickoff meeting for a given project
This course is targeted toward a diverse range of managers and staff members who wish to acquire the necessary skills to successfully manage small to medium sised projects.