This learning manual will explore the fundamental principles of self-managed superannuation funds including investment strategies, tax and administration basics.
Gain greater confidence and understand how to better support and advise your clients or manage your own SMSF.
- Why choose an SMSF?
- Starting and winding up an SMSF (establishment, trustee duties and outsourcing)
- Contributions and rollovers
- Investment basics
- Tax and administration
- Paying benefits
It fulfils the compulsory component within CPA Australia's competency requirements for SMSF Auditors. It consists of 30 hours structured training every three years.
This course consists of one hard copy learning manual and one online assessment.
Want to know more? Click below to view a sample of the learning manual:
- Understand the differences between SMSFs and APRA regulated funds
- Evaluate public statements selling the benefits of SMSFs or warning of potential vulnerabilities
- Identify the major features of SMSFs and the roles played by trustees, members and their advisers and service provider
- Guidance on how to conduct the best research for SMSFs
This learning manual is suitable for:
- public practitioners and accountants requiring a broader understanding of SMSFs
- SMSF trustees or potential trustees wanting a better understanding of their role and responsibilities